A Very Productive Day!…

Wow what a day.

Up early this morning for a hospital appointment (they said 0830 but also said I can expect to be there for at least four hours).

I came prepared with my kindle for the long wait and was promptly called in to see the nurse about a page in!.

She explained the procedure (an Endoscopy for the curious) in graphic detail then had me sit down in another waiting room where I assumed I would be spending the rest of the day.

Less than a chapter later, I was called in for the procedure, I wont go into detail but it was definitely one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life!.

I cannot praise the staff enough, they were extremely patient, kind and thorough, especially the nurse I had already met who was reassuring me throughout the procedure to keep me calm, if you are reading this thank you for being there!

After thanking the Doctor and Nurses (much to their surprise!) and making my way back to my wife in the waiting room with a numb throat, we made our way home which is a good half hour walk to burn off the numbing spray (and the fact I couldn’t have my morning coffee or breakfast and couldn’t eat or drink anything until at least 1015 made me even grumpier than usual!).

After getting home, I immediately downed a large coffee and a snack and felt miles better, then instead of going to sleep for a few hours (hooray for caffeine!) I decided to clean the kitchen and bathroom top to bottom while listening to a random playlist on my iPod.

With the kitchen and bathroom now sparkling, I downed more coffee to keep me alive and proceeded to do some tidying before finally succumbing to tiredness about an hour before we were due to leave for college (just like I knew I would!).

After a brief power nap, we threw on our trainers and headed out the door for college.

After initially getting lost in the newly redeveloped Totton College, and grabbing another coffee from the onsite Costa, we finally arrived at the right classroom and started eagerly working through the work books.

Three hours later we had a nice leisurely stroll home in the darkness and enjoyed the cool air until we arrived back home where I promptly devoured a bowl of cereal and a bottle of ice cold water (SO refreshing!!).

Now, I am writing this while waiting for my brother in law to arrive from Wales to look after our cat Milo for the weekend while we go to look after my parents dogs for the weekend!.

When we arrive tomorrow morning, I fully intend to do nothing for at least a few hours other than maybe catch up on some sleep!.

Roll on the weekend!! we have music, games and work to keep us busy!


What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s